A. PORCELAIN REPAIR
1. Isolate the area to be repaired with a rubber dam.
2. It is best to prepare the porcelain using a long bevel.
3. Sandblast exposed metal and/or surrounding porcelain to be repaired for 1-2 seconds. An option to sandblasting is to abrade surfaces with a coarse diamond bur. Rinse with water and air dry.
4. BARRIER GEL* may be placed to protect areas where etching is not desired.
WARNING: There are several PRECAUTIONS that must be adhered to when working with PORCELAIN ETCHANT. DO NOT use PORCELAIN ETCHANT until you have read and understood the instructions that pertain to that product: 4% or 9.5% PORCELAIN ETCHANT Instructions For Use.
5. Apply PORCELAIN ETCHANT to the dried repair site. BISCO’s 4% buffered concentration requires 5-6 minutes. BISCO’s 9.5% buffered concentration requires 1-2 minutes. To evacuate hydrofluoric acid vapors, hold evacuator tip adjacent to repair site. Monitor the etch site throughout the entire procedure. PRECAUTION: Prior to intraoral use, confirm that PORCELAIN ETCHANT syringe tip is adequately placed and tightly attached. Test the etchant to confirm that it is flowing freely from the syringe tip by expressing a small amount onto a mixing pad. If there is resistance to flow, DO NOT proceed. Replace tip and test flow again before using on patient.
NOTE: Not all ceramic systems are etchable. Contact your laboratory for manufacturer’s instructions. Etching times may vary with various ceramic materials.
6. Suction the area to remove the PORCELAIN ETCHANT. Rinse with copious amounts of water. Then air dry. The etched surface may appear dull and frosty. The procedure can be repeated but this is usually not necessary if instructions are carefully followed.
7. Mix the BIS-SILANE by dispensing one drop from each of the two bottles (Parts A & B) into a mixing well and stirring. Apply 1-2 coats (thin coats are sufficient) of BIS-SILANE to the etched porcelain surface and allow it to dwell for 30 seconds. Air dry to evaporate the solvent.
8. Apply an adhesive:
ALL-BOND 2®* USERS: Mix PRIMERS A & B (1:1) in a mixing well and apply 2 coats to the porcelain and metal. Air dry for 5-6 seconds.
ONE-STEP®*/ONE-STEP PLUS USERS: Dispense ONE-STEP/PLUS into a mixing well and apply one coat to the porcelain and metal. Air dry thoroughly to evaporate the solvent. Light cure for 10 seconds at 500mW/cm2.
ALL-BOND 3™* USERS: Mix Parts A & B (1:1) in a mixing well and apply one coat to the porcelain and metal. Air dry thoroughly to evaporate the solvent. Light cure for 10 seconds at 500mW/cm2.
9. If metal is visible, use DUAL-CURED OPAQUER*. Shake bottles well and mix base and catalyst (1:1). Apply a thin layer to mask metal. Allow to self cure or to prevent slumping, light cure for 30 seconds at 500mW/cm2.
10. Proceed with composite layering and finishing. The preferable composite should be a hybrid or nanohybrid, such as AELITE™* ALL-PURPOSE BODY. Microfilled composites are not recommended for porcelain repair.
B. ETCHED PORCELAIN
NOTE: Not all ceramic restorations are etchable. If the laboratory has not etched the porcelain restoration, contact lab and/or ceramic manufacturer for proper etching instructions. Related BISCO products include 4% and 9.5% PORCELAIN ETCHANTS (Buffered Hydrofluoric Acid Gels).
1. Mix the BIS-SILANE by dispensing one drop from each of the two bottles (Parts A & B) into a mixing well and stirring. Brush on 1-2 coats (thin coats are sufficient) of BIS-SILANE to the internal surface of the etched porcelain restoration and wait for 30 seconds. Dry with air syringe.
NOTE: Surface of the porcelain will look the same prior to and after BIS-SILANE application.
2. Apply a thin layer of PORCELAIN BONDING RESIN* (HEMA-free resin) to the internal surface of the restoration. Do NOT light cure!
OR apply adhesive according to manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Continue with cementation procedures.
STORAGE: Store at room temperature (20°C/68°F - 25°C/77°F). Refer to individual component labels for specific expiration dates.
PRECAUTIONS: BIS-SILANE may cause skin sensitization in susceptible persons. In case of contact with the skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
PORCELAIN ETCHANT is a severe eye irritant and tissue irritant. If accidentally splashed into the eye, flush with a copious amount of water for 15 minutes and seek immediate medical attention.
If PORCELAIN ETCHANT comes in contact with other tissues: rinse affected area immediately with a copious amount of water for several minutes. Injury may result if etchant is allowed to remain on the skin or mucosa for any length of time.
WARRANTY: BISCO, Inc. recognizes its responsibility to replace products if proven to be defective. BISCO, Inc. does not accept liability for any damages or loss, either direct or consequential, stemming from the use of or inability to use the products as described. Before using, it is the responsibility of the user to determine the suitability of the product for its intended use. The user assumes all risk and liability in connection therewith.
CAUTION: U.S. Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a dental professional.
* BIS-SILANE, ALL-BOND 3 and ÆLITE are trademarks of BISCO, Inc.
PORCELAIN ETCHANT, BARRIER GEL, DUAL-CURED OPAQUER and PORCELAIN BONDING RESIN are manufactured by BISCO, Inc.
ALL-BOND 2 and ONE-STEP are registered trademarks of BISCO, Inc.
1100 W. Irving Park Road
Schaumburg, IL 60193
Bisico France -
Mr. Fred Picavet
L'Opera- BP. 60
13680 Lançon De Provence